The History of 12 Lewes Crescent
The images below are photographs of a complete archive of documents relating to No 12 Lewes Crescent currently in the possession of the owner of the property.
1. This indenture conveys ownership of No 12 Lewes Crescent from Thomas Kemp to Thomas Cubitt dated 8th May 1827 in the sum of one thousand eight hundred and nineteen pounds.
. Details from the documents:
2.In 1882 the property was sold by The Rt Honourable George Cubitt and William Cubitt to Frederick Wood for two thousand nine hundred pounds
In 1906 the property was sold to C.W. Millar Esq for £1,000
In 1911 Mrs G.M.Millar sold the property to Mrs C.G. Parker for £1,827
In 1925 Mrs C.G. Parker sold the property to R.MacLeod Esq for £3,500
In 1928 R.MacLeod Esq sold the property tp London Land and Property for £2,600
In 1930 London Land and Property sold the property to Mrs E.E. Goddard for £2,050
In 1933 Mrs E.E.Goddard sold the property to H.R. Michael for £5,250
In 1951 H.R.Michael sold the property to Deansway Properties for £5,600
On April 27 1951 Deansway Properties sold the property to Eigil Gisholt for £6,100